In order to attend a California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC) campus as a first time freshman (without attending a community college first) students have to complete the A-G course requirements. Each course must be passed with a grade of C or better. The A-G requirements are:
- A – History/Social Science- 2 years required
- 2 Years of history/social science, including 1 year of World History, Cultures of Geography; and 1 year of U.S. History or ½ year of U.S. History and ½ year of American Gov’t/Civics
- B- English –4 years required
- 4 years of college preparatory English. Students may only use 1 year of ELD
- C – Mathematics- 3 years required, 4 years recommended
- 3 years of college preparatory mathematics that include the topics covered in Elementary Algebra, Geometry and Advanced Algebra.
- D- Laboratory Science- 2 years required, 3 years recommended.
- 2 years lab science, including at least 2 of the 3 foundational subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- E- Language other than English – 2 years required, 3 recommended
- 2 years of the same language other than English
- F- Visual and Performing Arts– 1 year required
- 1 yearlong approved arts course from a single VPA discipline: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art
- G- College Preparatory Electives– 1 year required
- 1 year (two semesters), in addition those required n “A-F” above. All courses must be listed under “A-F”
Here is a PDF of the A-G requirements and courses that count at Bullard High School: a-g list Bullard 15-16